Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Danger of “Believing God”

 

Here I go, after this ‘dangerous’ lifestyle.  I’m choosing to follow God no matter the cost.

Danger #1:  There are many out there who hate God and His Words.

This can only mean that there are many out there who are going to hate me.  Ay ay ay!

“You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.”   Mat 10:22  NIV

“The student is not above the teacher, nor a servant above his master.  It is enough for students to be like their teachers, and servants like their masters. If the head of the house has been called Beelzebul (prince of demons), how much more the members of his household!”  Mat 10:24-25  NIV

Well, the first thing I did before writing this article was PRAY.  I prayed for protection from all evil and asked for forgiveness of my sins. 

It’s been a long time since I have truly given my full attention onto God and His Words.  Transitions in my life have made me very ‘busy’, that it can seem as though I have no time for God. 

So, let’s beware of transitions: getting married, having kids, deaths, births, hurts, joys… these things could get us closer to God or separate us from God.  It all depends on our thoughts and beliefs.

No comments: