Monday, October 13, 2008

My Church by Rene Gonzalez (translated by me)

This is one of my favorite Christian songs... in Spanish.


My Church

It's been a long time since I bought a church,
The price was blood from intense pain.
It's been a long time since I came
to rescue what was lost.

It's been a long time since I've been desiring
that humble surrender from a worshiper,
who only bows down in my presence
not for the offer of a certain role.

It's been a long time since I've been desiring
that you all show my image, which is love,
to not get confused amongst so many people,
to be different, to be only like me;

To not to divide yourselves, as you often do,
getting into quarrels and arguments,
seeking to be greater than others-
if in the universe, the only great one is me.

I want a church that gives me the glory,
and tries to keep unity.

I want a church that heals the wounded,
that breaks the chains and frees the captive,
that clears the confused mind and that speaks TRUTH.
I want a church that with its look
gives hope to the anxious soul.
I want a church that heals the wound of the human race.
I want a flock where my sheep
will feel safe and at peace,
where my Word will be their food,
that's where I want to dwell.

I want a church where its praises
perfume my throne and gives me that place;
a church that knows how to differ
between good and evil.

Where is the church that was forgiven,
and that was saved from the atrocious wrath;
the church that seeing someone fall,
holds out its hand and forgives their mistake.

Awaken Church!
The time of your redemption is here!

No comments: